Search This Blog

Sunday, November 29, 2015

GVBR day 2

My word it's cold this morning and cloudy.  Lucky I slept with my clothes for today as my pillow and they are a little warmed up.  Breakfast calls.  And a cup of tea.

Lots of people heading out as early as they can but we just get going at our own pace.The ride today is very pleasant, good riding weather, but of a tail wind , few hills. Just what a cyclist enjoys.

We sat on the cricket pitch in the middle of the oval for lunch as it seemed the least dusty place.  How could such a lovely day turn on us with a headwind and a hill in the afternoon? Ah well, that's the bike riding person's lot.

Avoca seems to be holding its own and we are treated to a riverside market with wine tasting,  sausage sizzle and other local treats.  The small supermarket seems a bit overwhelmed or it might have been that we arrived at the same time as just about every school child filling up on lollies and other snacks.



I am now lying in my tent listening to birds,  the dialogue from the film The Cup and a local musician with his bass stomp box turned up way too high and finally the phone conversation the man in the next tent is having. Think I'll put my earphones in.

No comments: