Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2015

GBVR Day 4

100Km/60miles plus today and again warm weather - not as hot as yesterday.  Out early with a tail wind.  The map of the route shows us that we are again taking a circuitous route to get the 100Km in. We are also provided with a couple of extra stops today for water and we need it.  The winds start out favourable again, and either they move around during the day or we do and so it varies as we go along.  If you look at the Strava link, and the laps therein it is clear where the headwinds are according to the average speed.

The morning tea stop looked wonderfully colourful and I took advantage of a woman already standing on a fence post to take a shot for me.


 Top up with water, move on. Another text from Ian advising delicious scones to be had at afternoon tea stop - won't make the same mistake twice. Taking his advice this time I have to agree - delicious.
Today was not too bad, bit of a slog at times but the distance not too hard and we came into Inglewood in good time on a good downhill run.  Rest, then off to a pop up restaurant at the local Ecualyptus Mill and Museum of aged beef or pork.  I had the pork and it was good, I also tasted the beef which was cooked a bit more than I like.  I prefer my beef walking around the plate.  The beef is aged in carcass for 28 days then cut and aged further for up to 20 days.  Interesting, usual method is to cut it then age it.

Love a bus back to camp and a good night's sleep.  The mats in the sleep easy tents are dreadful, there is no other word for it. They are neither deep nor firm so my hips hit the ground all night. Rob is posting up the good sleeping mats to Bendigo so can hardly wait to get there.  Onwards...

...  This wide brown land for me

No comments: