Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2015

On the road again (I'm sure I've used that before)

On Sunday morning we are out of here once more.  Flying to Germany, getting off a plane, onto a train and settling into living out of a small suitcase for a while.  Rob and I will spend a bit over a month traipsing round Europe, a week in London to see "Book of Mormon" and a few other sights, then I'm off on the bike for a while and Rob will head over to Ireland.  We'll meet up to come home eventually.
I posted my bicycle off to the UK yesterday - I put if off of course until the last minute, but it has gone air express and so I am confident it will arrive in time for my ride which starts early June.  I owe a great debt of thanks to LaurenE who will receive it on my behalf, and to her father, James, who has offered to put it together for me.  What's the worst that could happen?  I'd have to buy a new bike over there - ah well, never mind
I feel unnervingly calm as I packed everything I am taking (note I haven't said everything I want to take, or need) about a week ago and haven't repacked.  I have thought about it a good deal but can't think of much to add that is worth the hassle of additional weight. I am keeping as low as possible to enable bringing the bicycle back in my luggage after the ride.
This is a long trip, indeed the longest I have been away at any time. I shall miss everyone and will come to thank goodness for some sort of visual connection with the rest of the world. I don't ask for daily updates about the best granddaughter a Granny could have, but if that's what happens so be it.
Image result for image of airplane in flight



A good night's sleep tonight, a hearty breakfast, a dreadful airport lunch and then up, up and away....... into the sunset

No comments: