Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

DEAR MARLO II

This is another day that I would have liked to have you here with me. I did some things I think you would enjoy.

After breakfast we went for a walk to a local market to see what was there. I bought a pair of socks to keep my feet warm when we go to the mountains in a day or two.

I walked around town, looking in interesting shop windows, Saw a statue of a dragon, Saw a castle, some good fountains and then went into a chocolate shop and had a cup of coffee. I also had your favourite - a croissant - but I got some lovely hot melted chocolate to dip it into instead of jam. I know you don't like chocolate but I did like this.


After a delicious bowl of soup for lunch and listening to a bugle player who plays a tune through a window at the top of a tower once every hour on the hour I went to get ready for a bike ride.

A few of us went with Mike, who lives here, for a ride out of town along the river. It was a lovely wide safe bike path and I missed you riding along behind me.  Mike told us interesting things about the town whenever we stopped and had a look around. He even told us a ghost story.

We stopped for a drink at a cafe then rode up a hill to see a very very old church which was beautiful and some people were inside singing.  We were quite high up over the river.


Later on in our ride we rode into a disused quarry - a great big hole in the ground - which is now filled with water. Some people learn scuba diving here, going deep under the water with special air tanks so they can breathe. Some others come to do rock climbing and although we could not really see them we saw a drone flying around with a camera on it.  We think it must have been taking pictures of people climbing up the rock face.



The sunset was beautiful,  and we had a lovely view of the castle and the city in the distance. We felt as though we were a long way from town,  but it just looked like it. We were actually fairly close, so we rode back in before it got too dark. We had lights but it was good to be home at the hotel and to go out for a late dinner.


I hadn't seen Grandpa all day because he went on a long tour to see some salt mines. He had a good day too, and he can tell you about that later.  Good night, darling Marlo.  Oh,  I like the picture of you and Tom and Michael that Dad sent me.  Send me a picture of a drawing you hAve done sometime please and are you doing much cooking? We will have to bake some bread when I get home again.




No comments: