Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Back to DC

Woke up this morning to the best email in years. Marlo is singing Happy Birthday to me .  I smile just to think of it.  Our train is due at 0930 and true to Amtrak form arrives at 1035. While we wait a freight train arrived, the engines disconnect  from the freight cars and drives off. Sometime later the engines plus one more come back and pick up the freight cars. Life on the tracks.


Uneventful train trip through pleasant greenery followed by industrial areas into Union Station. Quick lunch and a ride out to our Metro stop, train then a goid ride along the W&OD trail to Robyn's house and washing machine. We did a side trip to see the old shopping square in Herndon, with an obligatory stop at the Green Lizard bike shop for a good coffee. 
It is lobster month at Clyde's restaurant so of course Lauren and I are dining there tonight. Delicious. I apologise for no pictures of lobster bib wearing.
This day was made particularly easy by Robyn, who drove the luggage home, gave me a comfortable place to stay and has been fun to travel with. We thought me might catch up with our other fun fellow traveller, Leisa, at Union Station but that was not to be. Thanks, ladies, and goodbye, or rather I  hope au revoir.

No comments: