Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Almost time to go

Only a couple of days until I fly.  I think I'm ready, but I'll just check the packing one more time. Going to pack the bike today, that should be fun.
The bike had been serviced, parts various replaced, polished up and ready to go. So I took it for a spin,ended up walking to a train station and bringing it home.
Justin examined it, determined the chain was sucked in, thrown and jammed between the chain ring and the frame beside the ring was bent. Not any more. Couple more tweaks and I'm back on the road.
Trying to get enough sleep but that is difficult when one wakes up already thinking about what's left to do. Making notes in the middle of the night seems to help with returning to sleep.
Off to the granddaughter's second birthday party today, will be a lovely distraction.
I suppose everyone thinks they haven't trained enough, and that crosses my mind from time to time. I have determined that I can ride, I'm fit and  will still be training as I go so I stopped feeling panic about the hills a while ago. (for hills read two mountain ranges). It won't all be uphill, there will be river valleys too.

No comments: