Search This Blog

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Arrivals

Made it here in one piece, as did my bike eventually. We parted art LA, I flew straight to Portland but the bike took an unexpected side trip via Vancouver, Victoria, and Seattle finally arriving 24 hours veering me. All is well, it is now all back together and riding well.
Riding in the wrong side of the road. is interesting to say the least. I haven't quite got the hang of left turns and have to remind myself not to turn into oncoming traffic.
It's true what some say about Portland - it is very like Melbourne, but they haven't torn down all the good looking old buildings. We don't have the floating house communities either.
Didn't go dragon boating the other night but took a river cruise instead.  hard to keep my eyes open, interesting as it was. The beer wasn't bad.


The sunset was beautiful.
Had a good day yesterday, sorted out the technology took to the road. I met up with Gina for a drink and something to eat followed by a stroll through downtown. Gina lifted, and I accepted, s drive Topp see a couple of local sights. Walking at dusk through the famed Rose Garden with it's mixed scents was wonderful and then we headed out of town a bit for an entirely unexpected treat. We went for a walk through the Nike headquarters which are amazing. The buildings are only a couple of storeys tall, but there are a lot of buildings. In the middle is a large man made lake replete with Canadian geese. Doing a circuit of the lake we saw the handful of sculptures set in the surrounds which I would have photographed if I hadn't left mng camera at the hotel and my phone battery wasn't flat. More technology to sort out.
Fell into bed with the bicyce safely ensconced leaning against the table and slept soundly.

No comments: