Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

GETTING CLOSE

I am prompted to put something up today by being asked if I would like to connect my blog to the tour operator's website.  I agreed to, and so thought I had better do something.
I have been riding some hills, not quite the mountain ranges I see are in Oregon, but I feel better about it all than I did a couple of months ago.
I haven't limited myself to riding however - I am doing Pilates, and attending a class or two each week of water aerobics and walking when I don't ride.  I love the water aerobics, they are such good fun and I do come away feeling like I have had a workout.
Lately I have been watching the Tour riders closely as they go uphill, cheering them on and wondering how on earth some of them pull that last stretch out as they approach the final bit towards the crest. Impressive indeed.
Today is another cold dreary day, but my granddaughter is coming to see me so won't be all bad.  Think I will get the trainer out and just sit in the garage with my headphones on for a while.
My preferred bike is with the mechanic undergoing its own preparations - new chain, cassette, pedals, cables, tyres, etc etc so one of us will be in peak condition when unpacked.
And I will start packing soon  .... sure.

No comments: