Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

july 30

Another hot day in Portland.. Took a while to get moving this morning, but I did get to The Mill to see Paul Sykes and order a set of mahogany fenders. Had a double bonus at lunch, food was delicious and beer was icy cold. I was just riding along when I became aware of an enticing aroma.
Stopping at group of shopftonts offering a variety of cuisines it was a short of grown up food truck park. I love food truck parks, they suit me down to the ground in the heat as I move around town.
Last night was a big might seeing Lucinda Williams at the Oregon Zoo. Met up with Lesley, a fellow rider, and went on to have a very good evening filled with pork sandwiches, wine and singing. Public transport back home was crowded but fun as everyone had been to the concert too. I am delighted to have discovered the bus which goes so close to the hotel.
Tomorrow will be a day off last minute stuff and nonsense, then meeting everyone and a celebratory dinner before an early night.

No comments: