Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2015

LEJOG D19

Got a little behind so am trying to remember what it was like two days ago, and now I remember coming into lunch wet and deciding to change into my heavier raincoat. I dried out during the rest of the ride as the rain had pretty well passed by then.

It is Murray's birthday so we have cake by the trailer in the car park at tesco' s in Dingwall. Murray doesn't mind it being his birthday, just that everyone knows it is. Murray and Sue are known affectionately as 'the Kiwis' for the obvious reason they hail from Christchurch and are great fun.  Murray is a mountain biker whom I couldn't say has taken to road riding with a vengeance but they are both damned good at it, frequently leading the charge. Happy Birthday, Murray.

While the weather may be a bit dreary the countryside is not. It is another very scenic day through the highlands which continues to delight us all. Pictures don't really do it justice but I won't stop taking them.


On again with the promise of leaping Salmon at the foot of Shin Falls. It is still very early in the season but we are assured of a sighting if we remain still and patient. That is easier said than done.  No matter how much warning I had I am still surprised by the number of biting midges attacking at every available opportunity. I look like my legs have measles or hives at the moment. However, we are rewarded .. I definitely saw one attempt and am pretty certain I saw another.  That done .. time to move on.

Site of the great salmon hunt

No comments: