Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2016

AUTUMN

On the great autumnal colour hunt, I spent a wonderful week with Lauren driving and cycling around.  We stayed with good friends of hers using that as a base and doing day trips from there.  The weather continues mild and warm with very little rain and when it threatened we just tailored our activities accordingly. It is wonderful to travel with someone who appreciates last minute plans and flexibility in them.  Though even the most flexible know I will have to decide very soon how to get to New York.  I am pretty certain that bus is best with my luggage,  now which bus line?  They are all cheap,  all have different luggage policies to consider.  But what do you care? Not one whit I know.  So I simply present you with some visual representations of the very good time I had. ..  Just one more thing,  I  am so glad I remembered seeing lamb shanks on the menu at the Chelsea Royal diner and that I rang to check on them as we were able to order the last two over the phone before we got there. Yum. A delicious end to a joyous month of travel by bike and car with Lauren

No comments: