Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

M2C Ride d4

Today at breakfast the talk is all about the hurricane and the lack of any sms/email update from the ride organisers. Riders just want to know if there is a timeframe for a decision while acknowledging that it is still tricky to predict. Friend Mary B decides to return home to Gainsville where her sisters are headed from other more threatened parts of that state.  Lauren worries about the van being parked at the beach now under coastal flood watch. We will ride today but book a hire car to get the van tonight and head north.  Then during the afternoon the ride organisers offer a bus early the next morning to riders who need to go to their vehicles at the finish. We are on the list.

My legs are back, my back is all right and something has been biting me overnight.  I will be glad to feel completely myself at some time.  It is good to be back on the bike and no severe climbs today. Plenty of uphill work, some good downhill, a good day even if up outweighs down.  Time to just follow the road markers pointing the way.
6


Lunch today in Pittsboro where we are greeted by the Mayor. Another band here, seems to beno shortage of willing musos. I am particularly grateful when one of the women behind the table in the sandwich and coffee stall on seeing my disappointment that there is no tea to be had promptly offers to get me one from over the road. Iaccept with great pleasure. Top town. Then we were waved off by this mystical creature.



Going to sort out stuff tonight ready to get underway tomorrow ..

No comments: