Search This Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2014

NW Loop Day 22

I am having a wonderful time, I keep saying that to people and it is true. I am in with a marvelous group of people, well supported, traveling through splendid country and fit and well. What could be better?  I miss home and everyone, but I know that the end is coming and I will have the tell of catching up with them soon. In the meantime... Back on the road.
Yesterday was another short ride into Springfield, which is just across the river from a large university town, Eugene. I am so used to country roads, towns and motels that it seemed a shame to hit the big smoke - less shade, big shopping mall, busy roads - so after lunch I walked to a bank and then had a nap instead of seeing the sights.
Getting here was different. Another covered bridge, past a couple of hydro power stations, and once more through some scenic farming areas. I cannot get enough of that.

M, on the other hand, has had enough flat tyres to last her a lifetime. Having said at the order that she has never had a flat on the road she has now had at least six. Swapping a tyre didn't help yesterday as she had two on the road, finally so frustrated by them she got a lift to the nearest bike shop to replace all tyres and tubes.
We stopped by the roadside to eat deliciously sun warmed ripe blackberries, something I would never do at home as they are always sprayed with herbicides. Her they appreciated them fully and it is good. It was also a timely stop part way up a hill which actually no longer counts as a hill after the climbs we have done.
We have a treat in store tomorrow - but more of that anon.

No comments: