Search This Blog

Sunday, August 3, 2014

NW Loop Day 2

Today is a hot day, we climbed a grand total of about a kilometer, and some of it was steep. We started today riding back across the bridge to Oregon and started to rise almost straight away. Of course with elevation come views well worth seeing. The group spent a fair bit of the morning riding along I-84 - for I read fast moving heavy traffic on the interstate highway.
Riding up to the Mosier rail tunnels we receive a warning from a couple that there was a white horse in the road so proceeded with caution. Fortunately we all survived unscathed when confronted with ...

Off we went to buy ice cream from the dual business in Mosier, cafe and antique Porsches.

 You can see below that while we are still within sight of the river we are moving into drier country so not so much shade anymore. Thanks to the support from our team crew several riders were able to stop before the end as it was a tough day.

There was a personal highlight. Just as I was flagging J waited in some shade for me encouraging me not to wait any longer but to eat before we went on to the State Park ahead. I did, thinking maybe I'd have a power nap before the last few miles. Not needed as better than that I had a dip in the river which was cold and wonderfully revitalizing. Not sure I would have made it otherwise and may have needed the services of ..

Conveniently located by our motel

Our motel tonight is located at a truck stop frequented by many heavy vehicles at the junction of 2 interstate highways.  Here's hoping for a good night's sleep before an early start to the longest hottest day..... Good night










No comments: