Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

NW Loop Day 5 . Rest day

So it's hot again - who cares? Not those resting today, that's for sure.
Last night our guide leader, Denise, Talked up the local bronze foundry so I thought I'd take a look. Not very prepossessing it is a very ordinary building among a lot of other very ordinary industrial buildings but it did have this sculpture out the front which made the trip worthwhile


Enough of that, back to the real world - shops and lunch. Went to the local St Vincent De Paul secondhand shop but sadly nothing there. Then I realised my wallet at the hotel so hurled back to pick it up and headed to Olive for BLT lunch and ice cream to follow. There's nothing like rushing about to make one feel the heat of the day starting.
A fun this afternoon was in order, until my hotel key wouldn't let me in. Never mind, I'll wait in my room while they short that out. Oh no, now my key won't work in my room door. Derek and I worked on that until I had three keys that wouldn't work. I got so courtyard I can't remember now how he resolved it but he did and I finally got a swim.
Thanks to L we joined in a very festive event this evening - the grand opening of a wine tasting room and wine bar. We were welcomed, given winner to taste, cheese to nibble and entered the raffle fort a couple of bottles. We had such a good tim!e it was a surprise we didn't win the wine. Never mind, over the road to the recommended restaurant.
There we couldn't get in for a couple of hours as we had no reservation so i asked if she could recommend somewhere nearby. I swear the hostess looked us up and down before asking if we would prefer somewhere casual. Silly woman.  We headed back to the same place we had lunch, had another good meal and back to the hotel.
Final bonus for the day was GRAVITY on the telly so I have finally caught up with it.
Short ride tomorrow so can afford time to watch it, breakfast relatively late. Good night




No comments: